Monday, January 16, 2017

Cookie or Cookie Bar?

My vote is for the cookie bar!  My daughter came home from school on Friday wanting to make a dessert for my husband's work party. She searched the internet for awhile looking for the perfect dessert recipe with the limited ingredients we had in our refrigerator. It was the end of a busy week and time to go to the grocery!  She finally found a cookie bar recipe from +Food Network .  She began gathering the ingredients and measuring each one carefully.  She followed each direction - reading and rereading to be sure she made no mistakes.  I sat there watching feeling proud of what I had taught her and proud  of her for being independent and able  to create this all on her own.  I am excited to see what cooking adventures will follow for her in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment